1.20.2012

Conquering Giants

I have read the story of David and Goliath to my kids so many times.  You know the one where the little guy relies on God and beats the beast of a giant.  The words are ingrained in my mind.  I remind my ankle biters to do what David did -- to grab God on their side and follow his directions.  I read & remind but really do I listen?  


I mean, I KNOW that God is on my side.  I KNOW he loves me.  But I take more time running than to face the giants.   So dear giants, I take you on, but first I must figure out who you are.....


Giant One - Success..
Yup, you heard that one correctly - I'm scared of being successful.  Even after 35 years on this planet, I still can't believe that I can do something and do it well.  Freaks me out!


Giant Two - Food....
Food is my friend and yours - - especially in times of stress.  Food, you are really not a comfort.  You are necessary for living and that is God made you.  Now, I can enjoy a brownie once in a while but not five! right?  This is something I have really been able to handle more over the last year so I guess you can say it is a bit of a silent giant -- but still there. 


Source: leila.se via Leila on Pinterest




Giant Three - Being Judged......
If I put myself out there, whether in my art or my writings - their will be joy stealer's, haters if you will.  And as scary as it is, I think I am to the point of jumping my made up cliff and taking a dive into something interesting.  


Giant Four - how fast my children are growing.....
I know they are leaving, one day, and as much as I joke about getting time away from them it scares the heck out of me to be without them.  So much of my life revolves around them, that I can not imagine a life that doesn't.  I pray that GOd will change my heart as this adjustment takes place.  I also wish it would slow down a little bit. 




Giant Five  - Faith....
I am a believer of something Big and have the faith of something small.  I mean seriously, why wouldn't I trust a God who sent his son to die for me?  What is wrong with that picture?


Giant Six - Change...
Whether asked for or unsolicited it scares me! Honestly, every time I scare myself with change - I think of that ridiculous Garth Brooks song......oy vey




Giant Seven - Letting People Down....
Ironically, this now takes two forms -- either not showing up or showing up too much and burning out.  It is something I am aware of and hope to handle...


So while the Giants won't leave on their own, I think I am getting more prepared each day to face them, head on - with a big stick!



No comments:

Post a Comment