12.05.2011

Dogs not Newts

I love all God's creatures, he calls us too.  But there are certain species that I enjoy a little more than others.  I tend to like things with fur.  You know the ones that are nice to touch.  The animals who tend to have personalities and perhaps contribute to life.

The top of my list of animals I like would be the dog.  The plain domesticated common dog.  It has fur.  It has a bark that is most often followed by a strong bite.  It is a protector.  Often the dog is found to be loyal.  Most dogs are smart and can think on their own.  But most important, dogs are human family and work driven.

c                                                                                  Source: etsy.com via Emma on Pinterest


On the bottom of my animal list would be most any amphibian - - like the newt.  Newts are slimy.  They hide under rocks in the face of danger.  It is known that newts can survive in the water and land -- they can not make up their mind.  Newts have thin skin which makes them overly senstive to change.



                                                               Source: elementaryartfun.blogspot.com via Susan on Pinterest


I have been a long time nonadmirer of newts, I think I will stick with dogs -- a very loyal dog.  But after a weekend of searching, I think I will keep looking -- probably past 2012.

No comments:

Post a Comment