9.05.2012

I really don't want to like you

I really like people.
I love being around people.
There is intense euphoria from being with authentic souls.

It is not necessarily that I want everyone to like me, or to even be popular.
But I have this weird desire to know what the check out girl's dreams are, what may be going on in the life of my child's teacher, or why my neighbor is sitting on the front porch with a cup of tea.

I don't think that it is really nosey.
I'm just interested.  
Interested in what makes them think the way they do.  
Interested in what they love.  Interested in why they love.  
Just really interested.
It is just that people are the greatest work of art that I have ever seen.

Well, maybe not everyone ;)
There are some people that I want so bad to love but I just can't seem to get through their mess.
I think about them a lot.
Then I just want to scream about thinking about them.
It is a cycle that I just can't seem to understand.
Then today, on a day that someone just did wrong (again), I see this.......



And I realize that I CAN NOT let the bad overshadow the good.  For even those people who spout hate are as beautiful as the ones that don't.  I won't be a door mat but I'm committed.  I'm determined to search for the beauty amongst the ugly - In.Each.And.Everyone.


No comments:

Post a Comment