1.05.2012

Spoiled Little Girl

So I read this........
So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand. and still I worry.

Isaiah 41:10

........and still have anxiety.

Then I look upon this......
The LORD your God is in your midst, a mighty one who will save; he will rejoice over you with gladness; he will quiet you by his love; he will exult over you with loud singing.
Zephaniah 3:17
........and still doubt.


Then this comes across......
'For I know the plans I have for you,' declares the LORD, 'plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.'
Jeremiah 29:11
......and I still plan on my own.


So when, just when, will I stop being a spoiled child -- demanding that God proves something to ME?  To me, of all people?  When, just when, is it time that I set out to prove to God?  
To rejoice and behold -- 

I KNOW HE LOVES ME, 
I KNOW HE HAS A PLAN FOR ME, 
I KNOW THAT HE IS MY PROTECTOR, 
I KNOW THAT I AM STRONG ENOUGH TO TACKLE ALL SITUATIONS ONLY THRU HIM, 
THAT PRAYER IS ALWAYS ENOUGH?  

Just when will I?  He has been waiting 35 years, I think he has waited long enough.  How about you?  

1 comment:

  1. Funny how I find myself coming around to these thoughts again and again...

    ReplyDelete