9.28.2011

Comfort in my Mac n Cheese

I love comfort food.  Love! Love! Love!  I think high on my list are chipped creamed beef on toast - when I am sick, Hot Chocolate - when I need love in a cup, and soup - when I want to eat some and feel like I ate nothing.  But the queen of the list has to be this mac n cheese recipe!  Maybe it is a more sophisticated throw back to my college days of the Kraft kind, or maybe it is the colors mixed together --- who knows.  All I know is that it is delish, I can eat the whole pan, and I pay for it the next week.


2 cups shredded Monterrey jack cheese
2 cups sharp Cheddar cheese
1/4 cup parmasean cheese
1 qt. heavy cream
1 16 oz package of rigatoni noodles
pepper to taste
salt to taste

cook the noodles, mix the cheeses together reserving 1/4 of mixture.  Mix 3/4 of mixture with heavy cream, pepper and salt.  Poor onto noodles mix well.  Poor into lightly sprayed dish.  Spread remaining cheese on top.  Cover, cook 35 minutes on 350.  Take off cover, cook until brown and bubbly.  (cooking times may vary)

1 comment:

  1. I love homemade mac & cheese. I'll have to try this recipe out!

    ReplyDelete