8.05.2011

A tutorial for my Yankee friends

I am a Yankee.

                                                                                      Source: etsy.com via katy on Pinterest

Yup, I spent many years on the fishing piers, eating pizza, looking for lighting bugs, attending outrageous backyard BBQs, taking the train to the city and playing in the snow in Bay Shore, NY. Long Island is a great place to be a kid. So much history there. Such a small town. I am forever thankful to be a yankee.

I have now lived in the deep fried south longer than I have lived anywhere else. So what does that make me -- really confused. One minute I am as sweet and perceived loving with pearls on a glass of tea in my hand while the other I am taking down any person who crosses my family with a in your-face-flair.

Probably comparable to a tuff Russian grandmother crossed with Scarlet O’Hara.
Which I am suspicious means bad news for most.

Living in the south later in life has given me the opportunity to see the culture of this area for what it is -wonderful!

One of my favorite things about living in the south is the discovery of these little gems....

                                                            Source: thegirlwhoateeverything.blogspot.com via Heather on Pinterest


Sausage Balls. Seriously this, sweet tea and who ever thought life could be so grand. They are so easy to make, easier to put in your mouth, and make you happy. So all my Yankee friends try this little gem, “bless your heart”, you will be glad you did

I’m a Yankee and I make Sausage Balls
16 oz. sausage
2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
1/2 cup melted butter
1 cup flour
1 tsp pepper
Mix, bake at 350 for about 30 minutes. Eat, then go to the gym.


While I long to be in NY again with a slice of pizza in one hand and a bagel (real bagel) in the other, I think the south is truly home.

But I know that eventually, the people here will realize that the North did win, that you should just say what is on your mind, and that the world doesn’t have to stop for snow flurries.

No comments:

Post a Comment