One of my favorites. It is a little spicy but the sweet corn balances it out. The beans give it that protein punch that I love. The president loves this stuff!
This is by no way my recipe but rather my adaptation of a few recipes smashed together. So yummy!
- 1 can, 14 ounces, black beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 cups fresh corn kernels
- 1 small red bell pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1/2 red onion, chopped
- 1 lime, juiced
- 2 tablespoons vegetable or olive oil, eyeball it
- 1/3 cup cilantro, finely chopped
- Salt and pepper
Combine all ingredients in a bowl. Let stand at least 15 minutes for corn and flavors to combine, then toss and serve. The corn will also place a quick-chill on this easy side-salad.