5.10.2012

thankful business

I'm incredibly thankful for my little business.  My wonderful clients help pay for karate, clothes, and sometimes even food.  I get to stay home with my kids and life is good! 

But since the first of the year, business has been more of a burden than a joy.  There is something inside of me festering.  I want so bad to proclaim that I am an artist, maybe even a designer -- it sounds so much more sophisticated that stating, "I sew."



I began to loathe when orders came in.  The worst attitude began to take over.  The creative heart in me began to be replaced with - here we go again.  This is a terrible place to be! Guilt began to set in and my little business became a little burden.  Ugh!  




But then three things happened.  One, I stepped off my pedestal.  For so long I was putting the cart before the horse - or me in front of God.  Two, I began to read the book Quitter.  It really opened my eyes to where God wants me to be and why he has me there.  Three, I looked back over the pictures of the things people have ordered over the past few years and realized something so amazing.  

It is a privilege to do what I do.  A little bit of me gets to be a part of baby showers.  I get to play a role in very important birthdays.  People choose my work to be a part of everlasting photographic memories.  This is a blessing I have overlooked for so long.  What I get to do is a gift, and much more important than a self pictured title.  



So thank you.  Thank you Lord for opening my eyes.  Thank you friends for letting me be a part of your baby's first birthday.  Thank you ladies for letting me welcome your babies into the world.  Thank you grandmother's for letting me send your grand babies to college.  Thank you for letting me be a part of sending your friends off in marriage.  Thank you for letting me be a part of your lives - I am humbled and grateful.  

No comments:

Post a Comment