8.10.2011

Staycation Day Three - Beach Vacation

I have spent the summer enjoying everyone else's pictures of the beach.  I love seeing happy little faces enjoying the sand, parents relaxing, and beautiful waves.  I wanted to go to the beach too!  Alas, it wasn't in the plans this summer - or was it?

I live outside of Atlanta - no where near the ocean.  But we do have a lake with sandy shores.  So, staycation day three was going to be a beach vacation.

I couldn't have asked for a more perfect day.  My kids playing close by in the water with friends.  A light chirp of birds in the background.  Soft breezes occassionally wisking along the worries of the last three months.   The soft line of trees dancing in across the water.  Not a cloud in the sky.  Low humitity.   It was a perfect day and I didn't have to drive 4 screaming kids 6+ hours to enjoy it.  It was wonderful. So wonderful in fact, that I didn't even mind that I left the memory card for the camera at home.  

No comments:

Post a Comment